ABOUT THE HUB:
The Dairy Innovation Hub, which the state of Wisconsin is supporting with $7.8 million per year, harnesses research and development at UW–Madison, UW–Platteville and UW–River Falls campuses to keep Wisconsin’s $45.6 billion dairy community at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
This flexible, paid internship will help candidates build relevant and diverse communications skills that will be an asset to future internships or careers. The intern will work alongside Hub staff and interface with Hub researchers, stakeholders and members of the dairy community.
The Hub is looking for a team-oriented, creative, energetic, passionate student(s) with a background in communications and marketing. The successful candidate is a self-starter, works well in a remote environment with limited oversight, reliable, respects deadlines and is detail oriented.
This school-year internship is an opportunity to be involved in the planning and execution of the Hub’s communications strategy. This internship will offer a mentored real-world, hands-on experience for those looking to develop skills in social media management, web content and editing, graphic design, email marketing, virtual event planning and meeting coordination.
For additional information e-mail Maria Woldt, program manager at email@example.com
- Majoring in communications, marketing, life sciences/ag communications or related at UW-Madison, UW-Platteville or UW-River Falls.
- Preference given to students with an understanding of dairy, agriculture, food, environment or related fields.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a bonus, but will be taught.
- Participate fully as a member of the Hub’s staff team; this includes attending a one-hour virtual weekly team meeting.
- Work with program manager to develop social media content on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Assist with development of news releases and feature articles that contribute to Hub promotion.
- Provide support for the yearly Dairy Summit – scheduled for Nov. 18, 2020 in a virtual format.
- Work with program manager to schedule and prepare materials for Hub committee meetings.
- Coordinate and post information on the following Hub site: dairyinnovationhub.wisc.edu.
- Assist with the Hub’s quarterly newsletter and other publications.
- When in person events resume, help coordinate and staff trade show booths at conferences where the Hub will be represented, ex: Dairy Strong, PDPW, World Dairy Expo etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eligible for credit: Coordinative Internship/Cooperative Education under faculty supervision. Minimum of 80 hours for 1 credit.
- Internship field supervisor: Maria Woldt (Dairy Innovation Hub). Student should register for internship credit with their academic advisor or mentor.
- Location: The intern will work remotely from their home.
- Compensation: $15/hour.
- Availability: Sept – May. Approximately 10 hours per week. Potential for continuation into summer 2021.
- Resumes: Submit to Maria Woldt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must also submit a sample of their work.
- Questions: Contact Maria at (608) 265-4009 or email.