Nov. 18, 2020 – Virtual conference
Thank you to everyone who supported our first Dairy Summit!
If you missed the event, check out the information below, including recorded sessions.
Questions? Contact Maria Woldt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 265-4009
Click to view
- 10:00 a.m. | Welcome
- 10:30 a.m. | Research – Ensuring animal health and welfare
- 11:00 a.m. | Research – Stewarding land and water resources
- 11:30 a.m. | Research – Enriching human health and nutrition
- 12:00 p.m. | Research – Growing farm business and community
- 12:30 p.m. | Supply chain panel discussion
- 1:15 p.m. | Farmer panel discussion
- 2:00 p.m. | Legislative panel discussion
- 2:45 p.m. | Pioneer Farm virtual tour
- 3:15 p.m. | Closing comments
- 3:30 p.m. | Adjourn
Student innovation challenge
This fall, the Dairy Innovation Hub partnered with Hyper Innovation on a Student Challenge to harness the creativity of UW System students to discover novel solutions for the dairy community.
Learn more about each project here
The results are in!
- Best of Focus Area Enhance the shelf-life of Wisconsin dairy products: “Extending Shelf-Life of Yogurt Using Natural Bio-Actives”
- Best of Focus Area Encourage dairy consumption by Wisconsin students: “Encouraging Dairy Consumption Through Online Gaming”
- Best of Focus Area Utilize IOT or robotic technologies minimize labor or enhance farm operations: “Temperature Monitoring Through Non-Invasive Septum Ring”
- Most creative and 2020 Dairy Summit voters choice: “Ice-cold milk pouches”
- Most Improved Desirability, Feasibility, Viability Score: “Computer Vision System for Heat Detection”
- Best Presentation: “Improving Packaging for School Meal Programs”
- Most Sustainable: “Extending Shelf-Life of Yogurt Using Natural Bio-Actives”
- Best Plan of Execution: “Extending Shelf-Life of Yogurt Using Natural Bio-Actives”