Mission: Position Wisconsin’s dairy community for economic, environmental and social success by advancing science, developing talent and leveraging collaboration.
Vision: To be the world’s preeminent source of bold new discoveries and talent development in dairy.
- We are grounded by the realities of the dairy community. We seek to be dialed-in to the needs and conditions of our stakeholders.
- Learning and Discovery
- We support scientific advancement and evidence-based decision-making. We want to be a platform for lifelong learning and action.
- We actively contribute to university partners and stakeholders working together as a team. We acknowledge the power of relationships.
- We embrace diverse perspectives, cultures, audiences and business philosophies. We treat everyone with dignity and respect
- We take the stewardship of resources seriously. We will take responsibility for the success or failures of our efforts.
- We encourage looking at common problems through a different lens. We will foster the spark of innovation and find answers to tomorrow’s challenges.
Goals and objectives:
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent
- Create a community for the best dairy-related science
- Foster ideas that birth innovation and create solutions
- Engage colleagues from across Wisconsin and beyond to make groundbreaking discoveries
- Improve the quality and conditions of life through scientific discovery
- Cultivate a culture of excellence
- Enhance innovation by dedicating the necessary people, tools and resources
- Build stronger relationships among UW-Madison, UW-Platteville and UW-River Falls
- Amplify and connect discoveries directly to the people they serve through critical outreach
- DIH leadership committee, steering committees and advisory council + staff (internal)
- Campus communities at UW-Madison, UW-Platteville and UW-River Falls
- State lawmakers
- State agency staff
- Dairy processors and supply chain partners
- Medical and nutrition community
- Trade associations, dairy organizations, environmental groups
- Media representatives and other communicators
- Funding recipients (students, postdocs, faculty, staff, etc.)
- Communication professionals on the three campuses
- UW leadership and regents
- Dairy consumers/eaters
- Communities that are home to the dairy community